There's always someone thinking of you, no matter what time of the day. But before we all reside for sleep, ill be thinking of you..

M.o.F.a.K.s 4 LiFe

M.o.F.a.K.s 4 LiFe
Children of the yesterdays..Equilibrium of The tomorrow....


Sunday, January 31, 2010

~~An ExPeRiEnCe To sHArE~~

A story to be told, the truth but nothing but the whole damn truth..Those were among the ideas tat were running through my mind, you know, just to figure out a suitable header...but wth An Experience To Share pun ok wat so we rhyme wiv it la hoh...So happy after 1 year plus of absence from football, we finally managed to get a taste of the ball....phew thanks to the lads for making this dream come true...Though the body is aching, but we're all good...

As promised earlier, i will share wiv u beloved readers on my whole experience bout the SIA interview...i hope this will come helpful to those future candidates and i must remind you, it was NOT easy; you might have been an excellent student back then in your student years, the teachers's or lecturer's pet, boasting around wiv ur PH.D, but trust me, and i mean it, trust me, that alone, will not secure u a place in SIA.....Because wat they wan is something more than that...


Moving on, u mite b asking be why the sudden change of plan to become an air steward? For those who are acquinted to me, they would noe that my dream is to enroll to tv3 and b a tv host..Yeah its still strong in my blood and i still hope to fulfill it, but there was one day, when some one close to me whom i will not mention for privacy issues, failed on his application to apply for mascom..from that moment, it gave me a stone cold shock..It started to hit me, WAT IF? Yup all the WAT IF's were taking over me heads me harties arrrrr...WAT IF THE SAME THING WERE TO HAPPEN TO ME?WAT IF I COULDN'T ENROLL TO TV3?Coz i certainly din have a back up plan for this...Nothing ever came to me bout the WAT IF'S....

It was at that time i met my neighbour, he told me that he was given an offer to join Air Asia's Cabin Crew...Hang on a second there i thought to myself...this mite work for me...I love travelling, i've always wanted to b on a plane if not flying it, plus i have a very strong background in the Hospitality field...why not..this mite be it...NO..THIS IS IT for me...i could finally get a grip of my life and soar high above the sky...

It wasn't long b4 the end of 2009, i heard that SIA was gonna organize an interview for Cabin Crew encruitments...I told myself why not try it out...So i was accompanied by Juanna to head for this Challenge....She gave me lots of pointers and guidance...Woh she even studied for the damn thing as if going for an exam...But to b honest dear readers...i studied nothing lol....Except the part that i read through bout the airport's achievements....Lol Juanna kate she's just going just for fun, tapi member siap pergi for a serious shopping spree to hunt for shoes, dress, n so on so on....Me?i spent nothing besides for that passport sized photograph lol...The night b4 the interview, i met up wiv the guys for a shisha's ritual lol just for luck...hey i needed it k..

Came the day, i din sleep the whole nite...No i wasn't nervous but i guess i took too much of the pot lol..so i gave Juanna a call at 330am but no answer...aku ingat dier tengah make up so tak pe la....5am i pushed off to her house to pick her up...member tak bangun lagi sial.....peh berasap aku takpe takpe ini hari interview tak leh marah....And so we left to the Big City of Malaysia, KL......The interview was held in Park Royal Hotel...The moment we reached, my heart totally sank, upon seeing the huge number of crowd...Sincerely, i only expected around 50 to 100 candidates but hold the phone mister there were around 700 applicants fuck fuck fuck fuck....

We waited at the car park for Juanna to finish up her make up....we arrived at 8am tapi member pulak make up sini la, touch up situ la, peh lame giler beb lagi la aku nervous gerak byk2 kali...So we entered the hall, and as expected the whole damn room was packed...we had to draw numbers and guess wat?They follow by categories of abcd's and each alphabet has a max of 100 candidates...u guess which alphabet were we?E ppl...E....and the list were up to F..die la sure lama......I numbered at E20 while Juanna was just one number after...Aiyo u la make up so long see la we got E...

We had to stand for hour's ppl hours...I had a quick look of my potential rivals and i gotta say, most of em really look qualified for the job wohohoo that further sank my confidence..but a small voice in me kept believing saying hey they're just the same as you, everyone wiv a 50-50 chance....God i wished that time that the guys were wiv me..it could give me some peace and solace.....But they were wiv me always and i believe their strengh became my own...Jason's smile brought up my day, Ju's wiv his mase sudah time, Edwin who is lost in the north pool wiv his bike, Joe wiv his blurryness, Mark wiv his Love Guru advice, who could forget Jay's Legend Of Toejam heck he mite even futak Park Royal's cup lol, Cia's innocence and sweetness, Debbie's warmth aura, and lastly my old time Buddy Mond who was always there for me........These things kept me going and believed that i could achieve this...thanks guys for staying wiv me... thanks..

Came my turn finally ater at least 2 hours of waiting...they divided us to a group which consisted of 10 ppl each...Juanna went ahead 1st..I was so sure she would get the job bcoz she too has a very solid background in customer service...I still waited for my turn anxiously while others had their results already....From here on dear beloved readers....are the stages that i went through.....So stay wiv me y'all...

STAGE 1-RANDOM QUESTIONS.....

I seriously din noe this..i tot just skali interview lepas tu boleh balik tunggu dier panggil then leh kejer...but yeah there were not 1, but 4 stages of interview...aiks....i met a gal there and she told me that she went to the interview at Singapore few days back but she din make it through the 1st stage..she said that they will let u noe on the spot whether u can make it through the 2nd stage o go home...Bummer ppl....I KNEW Nescafe-Instantly that i would have to go all in all out for this...Juanna came out from the room, her turn finished along wiv her dreams...She din make it...i felt so bad....i asked wat did they ask her?Did they ask for ur cert's and all that stuff...Guess wat was the question?WAT WOULD U DO WIV A MILLION DOLLARS?WTF...i'm not kidding that really was the question....Some would give the usual lame but logical answer telling they would invest and bla bla bla...but still tak dapat...I guess there is no rite o wrong in this question...they just wanna see how u answer the question....From there they will see are u the type of guy that they want for this job...

My turn came..My mind was seriously blank...We were welcomed by 2 interviewee's, A male n the opposite that looked very jolly and cheerful..We sat in a row of 10...I was waiting for my golden question....Soalannya? IF U COULD TRAVEL TO A COUNTRY, WHICH COUNTRY WOULD THAT B AND Y? Mommy..i was totally unprepared for this...Dah la aku punya turn 2nd...mati...sure mati...I told them i wanted to go To Japan...the Male interviewee kept frowning at me and doubting my story but fuck it the more he did that aku lagi goreng...nasib baik aku tak sebut name Bintang Fevret aku Sora Aoi kalo tak mati katak hang lol.....Some even said they want to go to hollywood to meet Angelina Jolie and marry her....dude get real pls...but thats the point...they just wanna see how u play the game.....

We waited outside...a minute later( i'm serious..it just took a minute), the results came...IT couldn't b any icy cruel on how they would tell u the truth...."If i mention out your names that means u made through the 2nd stage, if not, thanks for coming..."The babe then mentioned out the 1st name....Ahmad Kamal Bin Ahmad Khidir...There was a paused and silent moment as i raised my hand to acknowledge my name...I was relieved my name was called out and cant wait for the other ppl to join my to go through the 2nd stage...But it din happen..That was it...the babe would end up that session by saying this "The rest, thanks for coming......."

Yes ppl out of 10 i was the only that made it to the 2nd stage...gosh i din noe how to feel....i din even dare to shake my fallen collegue's hands..i just walked off, presented the cashier my certs and he brought me to que up for the 2nd stage.....i passed by Juanna, still confused, and give her my signature wink indicating i passed.....

STAGE 2-MEMORY BLOCK GAMES & 1 ON 1 INTERVIEW


I had to wait 3 hours for this session due to the other numbers that passed the 1st stage to finish their 2nd stage interview...God it was already 2pm and according to them the interview would end at that time...Sepatutnya.com la..I was exhausted, hungry, sleepy and tired but i knew that i had to get this job...i cant go back empty handed knowing that i travelled and waited this far and endured this long glass hour battle..I m going to win one way or another...i met some chaps named Jonathan and Guna, and they were confident lads.. Heck Guna even works at the Front Desk of Hilton KL damn it...mesti boleh dapat ma.....

Came their turns....so they told me the 1st session was more of a teamwork, they would stack some Uno cards, and u have to match the same pair of numbers n colors..U need 5 pairs...Nice....The 2nd stage would b a 1 on 1 interview...they would give u situational questions and this time i believe u have to answer them logically bcoz hey this ain't no Angelina Jolie o Hollywood moment anymore ppl....This is when they start to get serious....The results were announced and Jonathan n Guna din make it through...I was totally numbed bcoz these guys were super confident and i just cant imagine how would i do in this round...Then again, i made it this far...i won back down...not today...

My turn came, so we fixed the cards but my team lost...dang it...Never mind...The 1 on 1 was next.. IT was then i felt very choked up but thank god the more choked up i got the more fluent and calm i became to answer the question...Lol i could even tell the Lady interviewee i feel like auditioning for an American Idol...seriously thats how i felt...She asked me how did i feel making it this far and asked my y do i wan to b a Cabin Crew...I have to thank my Debate and Public Speaking skills in this matter bcoz i totally nailed the Jimmy Maceroy & Chazz Micheal Michaels's Tripple Axel in this matter....The situational question then came....There were 5 cards and i had to pick one bcoz each card contained different scenario's...hantam je la...She told me to read out the question loudly and solve the question....Lol lepas dah baca i din even understood the question lmao mati la gua....My question was bout a dude ordered cappuchino wiv me, and when i wanted to deliever it the dude fell asleep, wat should i do?Heck i'd smack the old man rock solid hard wiv that cup n tell him OY tak mau minum ka.....But that answer had to b kept in the head today...

Aku pun goreng la ape yang patut digoreng....She then asked me Do i have any questions for her? Well wats ur name?Wats ur number? I would like to noe u?I wished...I just asked her wat r the challanges that i would face if i were to b accepted in this industry...She gave me a very nice answer....We need ppl who can think very fast and react at super duper speed, apart from travelling away from family....Not bad huh....I shook her hand firmly and waited outside..Eh aku yang kluar dulu the rest still kat dalam tengah interview lagi mati la aku sure tak dapat.....So they accounced the results....Each named that was called out gave me chills bcoz my name was not mentioned at all...i began to lose hope, cuak to d max, ready to turn away till the dude mentioned out Ahmad Kamal Bin Ahmad Khidir, fuh fuck yeah baby.....i was so certain that i had to go home but i thank god for this...yeah yeah yeah i made it to stage 3...

STAGE 3-GROOMING & APPEARANCE TEST...

Upon successfully passing the 2nd stage, i knew it in my heart that i needed 2 more and i'm going home wiv the victor's cup...3rd stage was pretty simple...For the dudes, they told us to fold up our sleeves and walk at the runway lol, some simple tests..And if i may say, It was this stage that i finally made friends..I met Jim, Tim, Michelle, Jason and another gal whom i cant remember..sorry...This was the time that i felt a bond with these ppl... Jason and the other gal din make it through..Jim, Tim, Michelle & myself made through successfully and we r gonna roll to the final hell hole stage...here we go....

STAGE4-CASUAL CONVERSATIONS...


I really felt bad for Jason..He came all the way from Penang but was rejected at a very crusial stage....I guess SIA really are strict wiv their standards..Only the best r selected...Aku pun heran macam mane leh lepas stage 3...time tu i got one stupid pimple on my rite cheek and i had a fresh cut on my left wrist....seriously i tak sangka i would lepas......FYI u cant have any visible and obvious scars on ur hands, arms and even ur face bcoz that would definitely be a no go, hey hey...

Jim, Tim, Michelle & I were placed in a waiting room and we bonded even further....I don't know bout them, but god i love these ppl and i wan all of us to get the job together...no more slip ups, no more of missing out anyone...lets give our absolute best, beyond our level best, lets just give it our all....and we did...Our turn was next....There were 2 interviewee's..I forgot the lady's name but i remember cleary the dude's name..Mr Roland...haha he seemed very frendly...So they congratulated us for making it this far and this session would prove to b the last...

So the challenge was, instead of introducing ourselves, we had to intro our partner to everyone...So i was paired wiv Michelle and Jim wiv Tim...Yup pretty easy...At least i noe a thing or 2 now bout all of em...I noe that Michelle's from KK, she holds a bachelor degree in Business, and she's 24 yrs old...Jim's doing freelance and he's somesort involved in the tv business...woot woot...and good old Tim is from Aussie and he loves scuba diving....peh lagi jauh tu all the way from Perth just for the interview...

The next sessions was quite fun...Yeah i think thats the 1st time i've mentioned fun shish...Mr Roland would ask which is important? Intelligence o Beauty...lol we all sapu intelligence any time of the day..lol there were loads of questioning on that particular questions but hey it was really relaxing...The 2nd question was is money the root cause of all evil?Lol this one each had different opinions.....The last question...IF we were to choose among the 4 of us, excluding ourselves, who would we pick to join the Cabin Crew...Michelle, Jim & I chose Tim bcoz for me he makes us all feel safe and secured..Hehe Roland called him a good corn artiste...Lol but Tim chose me hehe bcoz he said i made him feel comfortable too...ceh ceh koyak sluar i...So Roland jokingly said ok Tim can stay the rest of u all can go back...where can sir lol....

Our session ended..I think it lasted more than an 1 but it was really nice....We waited patiently in the waiting room one last time...There were other candidates that made it through to stage 4 but they had to come back the following day..peh lame nyer.....So one Malay lady came and announced the results...This was the moment ppl...This was the time that all of us sanked to our seets, fearing the worst.."I guess u 4 have waited very long so here it is, all 4 of u for the job congratulations.."Yes we roared...we group hugged and congratulated each other...god we were at the top of the mountain....The lady gave us our forms to fill in lol but we still cant believe we got the job...it was all so surreal....WE cant help but to keep on smiling....good job guys...we deserved it..I'm speechless till now knowing that we made it this far...i miss u guys and hope to work wiv u ppl anytime soon....

I came out from the room, i told Juanna i got the job and she was all smiles as well....The interview lasted for 9 hours....Longest interview i've ever been to.....I would return home to Melaka, victorious, ecstatic, not knowing that the lads already noe that i had the job......thanks guys for that surprise...really nice...How ironic it would turn out that i've always wanted to go live on air in tv...and now i really m going to b on air........only really on air haha...

I THANK ALL OF U THAT NEVER LOST THEIR FAITH IN ME AND STICKING TO ME TILL THIS VERY DAY....AND NOW...I M PROUD TO SAY, I M A PART OF SIA'S FAMILY..I....M AN AIR STEWARD FOR SINGAPORE AIRLINES....BELIEVE THAT........




LEAN EAGLES SOAR HIGHER...............

1 comment:

  1. hey thanks for sharing this piece of information! I'll be going to the interview next week and after reading about so many people's experience, I nearly shit my pants... It sounds seriously hard!

    But heck, everything good has to begin somewhere. Again, THANKS LOTS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete